Majlis Amanah Rakyat is an agency under Malaysia’s Ministry of Rural and Regional Development. Established on the 1st of March 1966, MARA is responsible for encouraging and facilitating social and economic development in the rural areas. Its main objective is to provide assistance to the Bumiputeras (especially in the rural areas) to participate in any commercial and entrepreneurial activities, thus creating a stronger community.
SPONSORSHIP AND LOAN
Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) Scholarship
MARA offers scholarships for both local and overseas programmes
- Maintain good academic results and, at the same time, are active in co-curricular activities (well-rounded)
- Have good leadership skills and are good at teamwork
- Are hardworking
- Are not suffering from any critical illnesses, eg: Hepatitis, AIDs, HIV etc.
- Bumiputera, Malaysian citizen
- Never been sponsored by any scholarship bodies at the same education level.
- Students whose scholarships have been terminated by any sponsor may apply for MARA financial assistance a year after the termination, with the condition that the students have to bear all expenses for that year and obtain excellent results.
- Institutions of higher learning are recognized by Malaysian Government or private institutions of higher learning are recognized by Private Education Division, Ministry of Education.
- Meet age requirements as follows:
i)Programs for SPM school leavers – 19 years and below
Accounting (Foundation in Commerce/ Bachelor of Commerce 2+1)
Education Sponsorship Division,
3rd Floor, MARA Head Office21, Jalan Raja Laut,
50609 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-2613 2015 / 03-2613 2016
Fax: 03-2691 5854